We are here for one reason – to apply our expertise, passion, and creativity to improve the lives of people with serious diseases. We work collaboratively and relentlessly, thinking across traditional boundaries to help shape the frontiers of drug development.
We cultivate a collaborative work environment fully aware that our scientists are our most valuable resource. Driven by an experienced and passionate team, we are a vibrant organization shaped by the challenges we take on, and marked by a decidedly non-dogmatic approach for meeting them.
Care to join us?
About the position
We are seeking computational biologists excited about applying their expertise, passion, and creativity to improve the lives of people with serious diseases. Working in close collaboration with your Immuneering colleagues and with world-class R&D teams at leading pharmaceutical companies, you will join an intense and highly iterative effort to facilitate the development of new medicines for diseases including neurodegeneration and cancer. You will see projects through from start to finish: experimental design, analysis of raw data, identifying biological mechanisms, refining and testing hypotheses, and publishing and presenting the findings. Candidates should have PhD or postdoctoral experience elucidating biological insight from high-throughput molecular-level data and/or applying statistical and machine learning methodologies to such data. Experience with oncology, CNS or neurodegenerative disease, or with the drug development process, is a plus.
- Analyze data such as gene expression, SNPs, NGS (RNA-Seq, exome, and whole genome sequencing), proteomic data, and clinical metadata
- Apply statistical insights to develop innovative analysis methods and algorithms for biological data
- Collaborate with colleagues to solve complex computational research problems
- Interpret data from a biological and clinical perspective
- Present scientific material (written and oral) to diverse audiences
- PhD in Computational Biology, Statistics, or a related field (i.e., Biology, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience) or 5+ years of work experience at a leading computational biology focused institution
- Experience working with RNA-Seq, microarray, SNP, exome or whole genome sequencing, or other high-throughput molecular data
- Proven ability to work independently as well as contribute to larger initiatives
- Strong experience in scientific communication, excellent writing and presentation skills
- Extensive experience working in R or a similar language